How to Build An eCommerce Node Js Web Application
Ashok SachdevAugust 19, 2022 152 Views
Ecommerce will continue to rise in upcoming years because of its huge demand and excellent services worldwide. Meticulous Research projects that by 2025, the global e-commerce business will be worth $24,265.12 billion. Therefore, it is crucial for ecommerce enterprises to use the best technologies to capitalize on the advantages of a growing sector.
A reputable e-commerce platform is scalable, displays content consistently, and keeps its integrity over time. Technology is essential for CTOs of e-commerce companies because it provides significant support. Node js ecommerce will help in this situation.
By keeping the relationship between the user and the check programme, Node.js ecommerce web application development services will provide you (IT business owners) with the best results.
Additionally, Node.js minimises loss or damage and produces the most outstanding results with no errors.
Consequently, we shall examine the fundamentals of ecommerce in this blog. We’ll also fully explore how you can develop dynamic e-commerce applications using Node.js.
What Does E-commerce Means To You?
E-commerce, to put it simply, is the activity of purchasing and selling products online. On August 11th, 1994, the first eCommerce transaction occurred, and it concerned the purchase of a music CD via the website “NetMarket.” It is a U.S.-based online store.
The e-commerce business has been growing since the first transaction occurred. As per the prediction of Statistica reports, the global ecommerce sale will go up to $6.542 trillion by 2023.
In addition, as a result of the global pandemic, the e-commerce sector experienced a new high as consumers increasingly chose online shopping.
Rise Of Global E-commerce Marketplace
Growth in global e-commerce sales
Retail market share will increase as global retail sales growth keeps rising. By 2023, eMarketer predicts that online retail sales will total $6.17 trillion, with ecommerce websites accounting for 22.3% of all retail sales.
The retail industry faced challenges in 2020, but ecommerce grew in all of eMarketer’s national markets by double digits. The pattern keeps going:
- E-commerce sales in Latin America were $85 billion in 2021, a 25% increase from $68 billion in 2020.
- From $46.2 billion in 2020, India’s ecommerce market is expected to reach $111.4 billion by 2025.
- In 2021, ecommerce sales increased by more than 20% in Russia, the UK, and the Philippines.
Approximately $52.1 billion of retail ecommerce sales are expected to be conducted online in 2021, making China still the world’s biggest ecommerce market. Additionally, it has 824.5 million digital buyers worldwide or 38.5 per cent of all buyers worldwide.
In 2022, it is anticipated that the US e-commerce market would surpass $875 billion, slightly surpassing China’s. After China and the United States, the United Kingdom is the third-largest ecommerce market, with 4.8 per cent of retail ecommerce sales. Following the UK (2.5%) are South Korea and Japan (3%).
Let’s examine how constructing an ecommerce node.js application will affect your company.
What is Node.js?
Because blocking processes are eliminated by asynchronous event-driven programming, developers may simply increase capacity. It is possible to handle multiple requests simultaneously on a Node.js server without delaying or blocking any API calls.
Any processing is always event-based; therefore, calls to call-back functions are triggered by events. Understanding Asynchronous Event-Driven Programming has more information on this.
What makes Node.js the best choice for your ecommerce web application in 2022?
Benefits Of ecommerce Node Js Framework
These are some advantages of using the ecommerce node.js framework:
- It makes it simple for developers to make real-time web applications.
- Since it is open-source, numerous independent developers have contributed to making sure there are many modules and tools.
- (NPM) the full form is ‘Node Package Manager’ supports over 60,000 packages! We can expect that the Node.js community will create more of these useful resources in the future.
- The js ecommerce framework simplifies the streaming of data.
- Heroku, a (PaaS) Platform as a Service company, has adopted Node.js wholeheartedly. PaaS providers facilitate development; therefore, this provides further motivation for developers to utilize Node.js.
How Can You Develop an e-commerce Web Application Using Node.js?
Option 1: Developing an eCommerce Node.js App Using the MEAN/MERN Stack
The MEAN/MERN stack is generally considered to be the best for developing Node.js eCommerce apps in the beginning stages of a company.
It is possible, however, that the Node.js eCommerce platform will have to handle a high volume of customers at times. Microservices can help in these situations.
Why Are MEAN/MERN Good Choices?
The MEAN/MERN stack is, without a doubt, the best option for any newly developed eCommerce node.js open source web app because it performs exactly as promised. Its capacity to react rapidly to the traffic spike distinguishes it.
What Exactly Does It Include?
The parts that make them function so well are listed below:
- MongoDB is a NoSQL-based database. It oversees the execution and interchange of data storage, enabling Node.JS to run the server faultlessly.
- ExpressJS is a back-end web-based framework that enables the creation of web apps by offering a simple and streamlined user interface.
- AngularJS/ReactJS: Firstly, it was developed to use as a front-end web framework. It merely makes it possible to design websites by offering automated view/model synchronisation. The developers use React as a library in programming rather than a framework.
Why Is It Favored For Use In eCommerce?
What precisely occurs with the background stacks, then? Let’s elaborate.
- js is used to start the development process. All queries that come from the client-side are processed there.
- When it’s done, the request moves into Node, which manages the server-side.
- It then moves on to Express.js. It is the point at which access to the database is requested.
- Once the request is approved, Mongo collects the data and later sends it to Express.
- Express then delivers the reply to Node, who then sends it on to Angular.
An eCommerce site built with the MEAN vs MERN stack should function effectively with at least 10,000 users, which is the optimum quantity for any firm, especially one that is just getting off the ground.
Option 2: Implementing Microservice Architecture in a Node.js eCommerce App
Why should you use microservices architecture?
Node.js supports several microservice frameworks, including Seneca.js. Using a microservice-based eCommerce solution, which splits up multiple activities into smaller, interconnected services, can eliminate the need for maintenance-intensive, time-consuming apps.
When Microservices are used in this way, the business platform’s many services are given energy and may be updated and scaled independently.
For instance, if someone decides to start a metadata service that periodically caches or retrieves metadata for a specific product.
Additionally, it enables access to a service that obtains a product’s price for a specific customer.
Additionally, it enables communication with several microservices via an API gateway accessible to clients via REST APIs.
There are many business owners who have used MEAN/MERN in the past and have experienced severe losses and difficulty managing numerous things, such as various APIs in dozens of categories and subcategories.
Things got even worse when frequent app crashes and expensive maintenance expenses started to dominate the operations.
The answer to these issues is microservices. It makes it possible to administer database and programming language coding services effectively. For example, eBay is a very well-known microservice in the eCommerce industry.
Step-by-step Guide to Developing an eCommerce Web Application using the Node.Js Framework
These are the steps that are included in the ecommerce website application development tutorial
So let’s begin!
Step 1: Software Development Using Agile Methods
Frequent updates and improvements to eCommerce apps are both necessary and advised. However, the Agile Methodology is the one that is most advised for carrying out such a difficult operation.
Step 2: Get Highly Skilled Professionals
Such jobs call for certain highly qualified and experienced people and are not simple.
In this situation, we require experts in the following fields:
- Business experts
- UI/UX specialists
- eCommerce developers using Node JS
- a project manager (PM)
Since it is recommended to use a PaaS provider, it is not necessary to employ infrastructure or cloud platform architects.
Step 3: Utilizing Heroku PaaS
A PaaS provider is necessary, as was previously stated, and Heroku is frequently suggested. It has a few key features over others. Among them are:
- It enables the development team to give coding top priority.
- It also manages crucial elements like OS, third-party API integration, servers, etc.
- Excellent for use as a progressive web app platform.
- Using it, you can organize, set up, and scale apps.
Step 4: Installation of Node.js on the specific platform
For a proper system setup, please follow the steps below
- Find the platform-specific installers by searching the for js website.
- “Node Package Manager” will help you install the package.
- Visit the website for JS package management for more information about installing Node.js.
Step 5: Selecting an eCommerce Node JS Framework
You should only use well-known frameworks to carry out the eCommerce development project. There are many; however, the following ones are frequently used:
A powerful open-source framework, Ymple offers online business platforms a strong alternative. It has the following characteristics listed below:
- It only makes use of the latest and modern technology.
- It has one of the cleanest, most fully responsive pre-made designs.
- This allows for the frontend and backend to be integrated.
- There are PayPal and Stripe integrations available.
- They have their own modules for eCommerce.
- The thorough NPM documentation for Ymple is also accessible to the development team.
Additionally, a Node.js eCommerce framework platform, Schema.io provides the following advantages over rivals:
- There are powerful API functions accessible.
- Through the admin dashboard, users can customise the online store as desired.
- Great responsiveness, even on mobile devices, of the website.
- Provides excellent performance.
- It has the flexibility to alter the store in any way you choose.
Access to the framework with many purposes is provided via total.js. These qualities are stated below:
- It is effective, seamless, and quick and offers all functions.
- Enables the creation of efficient eCommerce web applications.
- Scaling is effective.
- NoSQL databases are present. This is a factor that internet business platforms absolutely must take into account.
- It assists online business platforms with media streaming, location services, etc.
- There is also excellent documentation available.
- This allows developers to access their extensive tutorial library.
It is a framework that can aid in building web applications for online business platforms. Look at its distinguishing qualities:
- They feature unique paperwork that includes numerous “How-to” instructions and covers everything.
- Additionally, they offer a thorough tutorial that shows how to use Koa.js to create web-based business platforms, which is useful for the development team.
Check out these attributes of it:
- The developers can access Reaction from anywhere because of its open-source nature.
- A benefit of its open-source nature is that anyone can use it from anywhere.
- Additionally capable of handling email management, simple order administration, maintenance of customer profiles, check-out processing, and smooth management of products and inventory.
- It provides features like user verification, payment gateway integration, and product searches.
- Simplifies the processes for shipping, discounts, and payments.
- Its user interface is neat, slick, and effective.
Step 6: Heroku DevOps
It is often called app development software and belongs to the DevOps iterative project category.
It supports the development, testing, and deployment processes in a variety of circumstances. However, it is crucial to use the right tools for project management, automated testing, and deployment monitoring.
This procedure is simple, as seen below:
- They have a very effective CI process that makes use of both their technologies and DevOps procedures.
- Additionally, it adds detailed descriptions of their pipelines, CI, Integration, etc.
How Do I Build A Strategic Ecommerce Node.js Platform?
While the eCommerce sector is expanding, it is also quite competitive. Utilizing well-known Node.js eCommerce-specific frameworks and a PaaS provider will help to streamline development and focus on creating a high-quality end product.
However, the process of developing a Node.JS eCommerce platform can be difficult and complex.
Finding skilled developers can be time-consuming. You also need to manage the project from start to finish, including the pricing engine, shopping cart, checkout function, etc.
Think about working with a professional Node.JS development company if you lack experience or are unable to find the right developers.
Still unsure about which eCommerce product development company to select? Feel free to contact Groovy Web by filling this contact form. Our technical managers will discuss the specifics of your project with you.
Written by: Ashok Sachdev
Ashok Sachdev is the Project Manager at Groovy Web who began his professional career as a programmer at the young age of 17. Ever since then he is actively growing, learning new things, and adapting to new roles and responsibilities at every step. Aside from being an app developer, he is highly admired for his project management skills by his clients.
Frequently Asked QuestionsWe hope these clear your doubts, but if you still have any questions, then feel free to write us on email@example.com
NodeJS is very popular and powerful platform to build an eCommerce web application. It has many advantages and features. Many eCommerce platform works on NodeJS such as PayPal, eBay, Groupon etc.
For eCommerce web development node.js has their core features like cross-platform compatibility, faster development process, high scalability, high speed, superior performance, AI chatbots, artificial intelligent voice search, and push notification etc.
Sign up for the free NewsletterFor exclusive strategies not found on the blog